Sunday, November 1, 2009

--IOWA SHMIOWA--

Today, one of my best friends decided to leave me and move to Iowa. Actually I take that back, FOUR of my best friends... :( My sister Brittney, her husband Mike and their two precious little
girls. I seriously can not even explain how much I am going to miss them. It was so hard to say good bye this morning. And beleive it or not it is maybe even going to be harder to write this blog than I thougt considering the fact that I am already crying my eyes out. We have a lot of fun memories with them living close to us. When they lived in Orem while Carl and I were dating, living with them in good old Las Vegas, and then both of us living here in Bountiful for the past year. When ever we are together there is always a memory made that I will never forget. It would take way to long to list all of our memories but I have just a few... Whether its playing monopoly until 3 in the morning and having mom come down and stare at us like we are crazies that just got out of the insane asylum, or sitting with you and mike on your bed in Orem trying to time your contractions the night my best little friend joined our family. I sure do love that little Evie. She has the sweetest little spirit and knows just what to say or do to make me love her even more. (which I know was evident to you Britt the other night when I was an emotional wreck saying how much i would miss you guys and how much I love Evie) You know, its crazy to think of the love that parents have for their children. I honestly can not imagine it. I love Evie, and Lilly, so so much I can't think of what its going to be like having my own kids and feeling that love. I seriously feel like they are my kids. I know, its weird...We have really had some good times that I wouldn't trade for the world. I love thinking back on our time in Vegas. Basically our days consisted of a handful of things...trying to perfect the art of bread making(which I don't think ever really mastered that ha ha) cooking all sorts of amazingdinner, going to the park, me and shell coming to watch you and Evie at her swimming lessons,watching like 3 seasons of 24 while eating muddy buddies, popcorn, root beer floats, and brownies with ice cream and raspberries. Notice how I said AND instead of OR. Yup, pretty sure there were nights when we would have multiple treats...We had to trade off between sweet and salty! Or we would bake whole chocolate chip cookies and eat them while watching ABC shows online. We would usually have 4 or 5 cookies since they are whole wheat and really good for you.We have had a lot of memories while you guys have lived here too. Although not as many due to the fact that I have a job during the week from 5:30 in the morning to about 6 every night. But we made a few dang good dinners. The turkey burgers with sweet potato fries, and the Asian salmon burgers with rainbow slaw was awesome. I also love how we tried to be really crafty and make our own laundry detergent. ha ha!! It smelled AMAZING for like the first month and then it just smelled like nothing! weird... Anyway like I said I could go on forever talking about
memories that we have had. But this post is already huge. So in a nutshell I just want you Britt
and Mike to know how much I love you and look up to you. I absolutely love those two little girls of yours and will miss you all more than words can say! Carl and I cant wait to come visit next spring! But before then we will see you for Christmas! Love you way and tons! And sorry if this blog was really scattered and just a bunch of rambling.













2 comments:

  1. Ahh what a cute post, you have such a great family!! And that pic of you and Carl is so cute too! Isn't Harper so cute?? :) He is such a good little baby, he has had Jaundice and had to be under lights for a couple days but he is pretty much all better now, you guys need to come see him!!! We are pretty much down for whenever, I know you guys are leaving this weekend so maybe next week??

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course I cried too....
    I love you so much and miss you everyday. Just friday, I wanted to go to the childrens museum and thought to call you and shell, but alas, you live all the way on the other side of the country. oh well....life goes on, but know I think about you everyday and miss ya way and tonz too!

    ReplyDelete