Monday, September 21, 2009

--GREEN--


Oh how I love my Green Smoothie in the morning!! I get up at the crack o dawn, and honestly the only thing that gets me up in the morning is knowing i get to have breakfast! Which includes my green smoothie (and an occasional piece of toast.) I love food, I live for food. Or like my mom and sisters and I cant decide on is do we live to eat or do we eat to live?? Its pretty debatable. But I think as for me I live to eat...good food that is. So when my alarm goes off at 5:21 am I just have to remember that I will soon be eating breakfast. So if any of you are wondering what a green smoothie is, it is really any smoothie creation you can think of and then add some greens. Spinach, Kale, Lettuce...whatever you want really. Here is what I put in mine...the measurements vary on how much you want. All of my fruits are usually frozen but they don't have to be. Bananas, pineapple, a whole orange(except the peel), a few handfuls of the spectrum frozen fruit blend from costco, water, sometimes some almond milk, and on occasion some agave nectar or liquid creme stevia. And then of coarse like 2-3 big handfuls of spinach. SO SO yummy! And the color grosses some people out but i actually really like it....man, I cant wait to wake up and have one!

4 comments:

  1. I think the color is fabulous, I couldn't stop staring at it HAHA! I love that you love GOOD food! We need to get together and make something yummy. Seriously! I love that you actually get as excited to do that as I do. I will have to try this here smoothie :) Except I don't have a blender :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks......interesting!! I love smoothies and have never thought of adding spinach. I'm definitely going to try it. You've inspired me! Thanks for the healthy idea. Tell Carl hi and lets plan another girls night soon! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea!! so yummy. I love spinach in my smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you bloggin!!! yay!

    i just wanted to say thank you so much for your comment, i love ya! we always talk about our FAVORITE Thanksgiving with you guys, we MISS YOU so much!!! You look fabulous, both you and Carl look so happy, that makes me one happy little asian sister! We want to come and see you guys (and when we do, Ava will surely eat you up alive, she's a sucker for attention!)

    we love you and tell the fam HI for us!!!!

    ReplyDelete