Has it really seriously been over a year since I have posted on here? Wow...I guess my TIME post is true. It flies by! I don't think I can really sum up a whole year in one post but ill try...not that anyone reads my blog anyway. I guess its just for me to look back on. So, my last post was say that i was pregnant and I was about 16 weeks at the time in that picture. and now our darling little baby Carson is almost 8 months old!! That was our biggest news in August of 2010.Nut I have a long list. Carls brother Taylor married the most amazing girl named Camilla. we love her! then at the end of April my little brother Robby left on his mission! Notice I said little, he is still little to me. Then in the beginning of may we got a house in the Chelsea cove area. It has been a HUGE project. We have basically renovated the whole house. When I say we I mean Carl and I, but mostly Carl and with help from family too! I need to post before and after pictures when the after is complete....It has come a LONG way but still not all the way done. Carl is seriously amazing. He knows how to do everything! He basically built the kitchen, he laid all of the tile and wood flooring which is beautiful, and he did all of the Sheetrock on the kitchen ceiling which was non existent when we bought the home due to the upstairs bathroom flooding down into the kitchen family room area. So we knew we were getting into a project when we got it.
I quit my job as an orthodontic assistant in the beginning of June, and Carl started his job at Goldman Sachs a couple days later. So my summer was basically spent at the house doing the things my 8 month prego body could. It would have been quite the sight to see really. Me with my huge belly taking down wallpaper, spackling/mudding walls, painting, grouting floors....
We moved into the house a week before we had Carson. Still not all the way finished though. Carson came on my due date August 7th. I will have to post the delivery story but long story short the day after we had him due to a list of things we "moved" over to my parents house for about 2 weeks. It was so great to be there with my family while Carl was at work. I don't know how I would have survived with out my mom and sisters. Britt was luckily in town for about a month and was here for when Carson was born and then at the house taking care of me. Honestly even thinking about making a meal when you have just had a baby sounds horrible. I cant thank my mom and Britt enough!
We then moved back over to the house and since then have just been living life and loving it! Still doing projects around the house here and there, Carl is working and studying for the GMAT when he isn't working. He takes it at the end of June. It will be so nice when it is done. Our little Carson is just growing like a weed!! We cant get enough of the little guy. He brings so much joy to our little family! In november I lost one of my best friends. My dog Joey passed away. We had to put him down. IT was the hardest night of my life so far. I miss him so much! Also another update on a happier/ still sad that she is gone, my sister Rachelle left on her mission about 2 weeks ago. I miss both her and Robby like crazy! Britt and her family dont live here so its just me and Jeff takin care of the parentals.
So what a bummer last night huh cougar fans?! SO close! But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Its too bad it would have been fun to make it farther than we did but oh well...maybe next year...or maybe not...probably not...It was a fun party while it lasted. We went to Carl's parents and had a big get together with pizza, salad, cookies, and great company. It was hilarious, Carson sometimes gets really startled at noises. When BYU would make a basket everyone would burst out with yelling and cheering and Carson would lose it. He would just start balling because it scared him. It really was so sad! He finally got used to it with the help of Carl holding him and bouncing him when everyone started to yell. We are going to have to work on toughening that little guy up. I really cant believe how fast they change. Everyday it seems like he does something new. We just love him! Well that's kind of not even close to everything in the past year but it will have to do. I will be better, promise. WOW went a little crazy with pics. and they uploaded backwards.
I quit my job as an orthodontic assistant in the beginning of June, and Carl started his job at Goldman Sachs a couple days later. So my summer was basically spent at the house doing the things my 8 month prego body could. It would have been quite the sight to see really. Me with my huge belly taking down wallpaper, spackling/mudding walls, painting, grouting floors....
We moved into the house a week before we had Carson. Still not all the way finished though. Carson came on my due date August 7th. I will have to post the delivery story but long story short the day after we had him due to a list of things we "moved" over to my parents house for about 2 weeks. It was so great to be there with my family while Carl was at work. I don't know how I would have survived with out my mom and sisters. Britt was luckily in town for about a month and was here for when Carson was born and then at the house taking care of me. Honestly even thinking about making a meal when you have just had a baby sounds horrible. I cant thank my mom and Britt enough!
We then moved back over to the house and since then have just been living life and loving it! Still doing projects around the house here and there, Carl is working and studying for the GMAT when he isn't working. He takes it at the end of June. It will be so nice when it is done. Our little Carson is just growing like a weed!! We cant get enough of the little guy. He brings so much joy to our little family! In november I lost one of my best friends. My dog Joey passed away. We had to put him down. IT was the hardest night of my life so far. I miss him so much! Also another update on a happier/ still sad that she is gone, my sister Rachelle left on her mission about 2 weeks ago. I miss both her and Robby like crazy! Britt and her family dont live here so its just me and Jeff takin care of the parentals.
So what a bummer last night huh cougar fans?! SO close! But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Its too bad it would have been fun to make it farther than we did but oh well...maybe next year...or maybe not...probably not...It was a fun party while it lasted. We went to Carl's parents and had a big get together with pizza, salad, cookies, and great company. It was hilarious, Carson sometimes gets really startled at noises. When BYU would make a basket everyone would burst out with yelling and cheering and Carson would lose it. He would just start balling because it scared him. It really was so sad! He finally got used to it with the help of Carl holding him and bouncing him when everyone started to yell. We are going to have to work on toughening that little guy up. I really cant believe how fast they change. Everyday it seems like he does something new. We just love him! Well that's kind of not even close to everything in the past year but it will have to do. I will be better, promise. WOW went a little crazy with pics. and they uploaded backwards.







AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's a miracle! You posted! Love it! Great update, and I'm so happy you posted some preggo pics!!!! Now the goal is to post at least 2x a month, ok?! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome back! I loved looking at all your pics, I never saw you toward the end of your pregnancy, you looked fabulous...seriously you are so cute. And Carson is adorable! I can't believe he is already 8 months, what the? Time flies! We miss you guys so much, it was so fun hanging out when we were in Utah I love laughing that hard haha. Sorry this is a novel. But I'm glad you're doing well. Keep blogging away :) love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYAY BROOKE! I was starting to think blogger banned you, haha just kidding. So glad you posted, I loved reading about what's new in your life since we don't get to talk a lot:( Seriously you are so cute and have a cute little family to boot! Carson is darling, such a handsome little guy! So happy for you, hope we can catch up soon:) MISS YA!
ReplyDelete